Why Join IABNZ?
Joining and working with IABNZ is an opportunity to play an active role in the world’s fastest growing advertising medium - interactive. The IAB's role is to work for and with companies with interactive business interests to help the industry to grow and mature, and to help members increase their profits.
The rewards of becoming a member are wide-ranging and can benefit you and your company immediately and in the long term. IABNZ is part of an international group of IAB organisations around the world, providing access to global resources.
What IABNZ can do for your organisation
- Provide the theory to back up interactive advertising success stories. Becoming an IAB NZ member gives you access to research such as our Online Overview, NZ Mobile Overview, Smartphone Users Survey, Online Shoppers Survey, Online Advertising Trends and much more
- Ensure you are party to important interactive media issues. Take part in our industry-leading seminars, featuring key figures in interactive advertising
- Let us do the networking for you. Our membership directory lists the 'whose who' in interactive advertising
- Participate in discussion and shape policy and be part of the collective voice as the IAB provides a forum to determine direction and drive the NZ interactive advertising industry forward
- IAB Board and council members are in regular communication with major advertisers. We market interactive advertising so everyone can benefit
What are the benefits to being a member of IABNZ
- IAB members are entitled to sit on our industry working groups –think tanks for debating specific online issues and defining industry initiatives
- Participate with other members on IAB Councils to discuss, resolve and set guidelines for issues that impact the growth of the interactive advertising industry
- Bottom line: the efforts of these groups increase dollars in the marketplace and give their members visibility as leaders in the industry
- Councils and working groups drive all industry initiatives, in a range of areas including:
- creative and technical standards, to facilitate basic business building blocks
- standards and guidelines for measurement, affecting the currency of the media
- industry research
- promotion of the industry - representing the industry to media
- industry representation - working with organisations such as the ASA to ensure good governance and self-regulation for the industry
- Voting: Full Members are entitled to vote on IAB policy regarding key issues
- IAB Board: there are three seats available to Full members each year, voted on by your peers
- Access to industry research both local and overseas
- An opportunity to contribute to our Case Study library
- Free access to the IAB/PwC quarterly report of NZ online adspend including mobile ad spend
- Members receive discounts and free tickets to events
- As a member your company will automatically be listed on the IAB members directory
- Members can advertise on our site and in our email communications at a discounted price
- All queries looking for recommended suppliers are directed to our members directory
Briefings and updates
- Member only emails detailing the latest developments and activities in interactive advertising
Members will also be entitled to
- Use the IAB logo in your corporate identity and website
- Publicise your events and company news and developments on the IABNZ website
There are five types of membership:
Full members are companies that derive significant revenue from the sale of interactive media advertising space, time or capacity. This includes media owners and sales networks. Full members are eligible to stand for election to the IAB Board, can vote at the AGM, and sit on IAB sub-committees, and working groups. Some of the types of companies included under this definition are:
- Website publishers - mainstream media, bloggers, special interest publishers
- Mobile operators - publishing mobile content, providing SMS or mobile video or other advertising
- Providers of digital outdoor advertising - such as digital interactive displays, kiosks etc.
Associate Members are companies that don’t directly derive revenue from the sale of interactive media advertising space, time or capacity, but do work in the interactive industry. This might include internet service providers, web development companies, advertising agencies, research companies, ad-serving companies etc. Associate members are not eligible for election to the IAB Board or to vote at the AGM, but may sit on IAB Councils or project groups. Some examples include:
- Advertising agencies - including creative, strategy planners, media planning and buying agencies
- Research companies - such as audience measurement and other industry research specialists
- Industry service providers - such as ad-serving providers, web-hosting companies, ISP's etcetera
- Web-development companies and associated technology solution providers
Associate members receive all the membership benefits that Full members receive however they cannot sit on the IABNZ Board but can participate in an IABNZ Council or working group
We also have an "Affiliate Membership" arrangement with a number of industry organisations (such as CAANZ, ANZA, Marketing Association) with whom we have a close working relationship. Affiliate membership does not extend to members of those organisations however. It is designed to promote co-operative sharing of information and resources with industry organisations sharing common goals with the IABNZ.
Honorary Members - free for Advertisers
This is a free membership for Advertisers who do not sell online advertising but use it as part of their marketing mix or interested in including it as part of their marketing. This is for organisations and is not an individual membership.
An IAB Honorary Membership will provide you with full access to the IAB/PwC Online Advertising Expenditure Reports, free seats at IABNZ events and access to a number of member reports.
- Not eligible to Ad Agencies or Publishers
- Not eligible to Daily Deal websites
- Not eligible to Directories
- Not eligible to Recruitment companies
- Does not sell online advertising but use it as part of their marketing mix or interested in including it as part of their marketing
- This is for organisations and is not an individual membership
- It is at the discretion of IAB whether an applicant fits the criteria and is awarded Honorary membership status
Agency IABNZ Insight Report Contributor
A free membership available to Media Agencies that contribute to the IAB/PwC quarterly ad spend report. Contributors receive full copies of the report but do not receive access to other IABNZ member resources. If you wish to receive access to other member resources please refer to the Full or Associate membership.
Membership fees are levied by company or organisation and cover the individuals from that organisation as personal members (as long as they continue to be employed by the member company).
The subscription period for membership is set from 1st April - 31st March. So if you join, for example, in May you will only be charged for 11 months rather than 12.
The fees for the year April 1 2017 - March 31, 2018 are below. Note: sub levels are based on total billings from interactive & mobile advertising.
Annual fees (ex. GST) NZD
|Full Members & Associate|
|Level 5 (Billings< $500k)||$660|
|Level 4 (Billings between $500k-$1M)||$1,210|
|Level 3 (Billings between $1M-$3M)||$1,980|
|Level 2 (Billings between $3M-$5M)||$2,530|
|Level 1 (Billings over $5M)||$5,500|
|IAB Board||on application|
ASA Levy (ONLY APPLIES TO FULL MEMBERS)
The IAB and its members support the Advertising Standards Authority which plays an important role in helping to protect the advertising industry. Each year IAB pays a levy which is calculated on online ad spend and the number of complaints the ASA receives in regards to online advertising. As the industry grows, so do the number of complaints along with the levy. Part of this levy is added to your subscription fee and the other part will be funded by the IAB. Your invoice will include this as a separate line item as we are collecting this on the ASA’s behalf.
- Level 5: $150 + GST pa
- Level 4: $250 + GST pa
- Level 3: $350 + GST pa
- Level 2: $450 + GST pa
- Level 1: $500 + GST pa
email email@example.com for more information on joining