IABNZ Online Video Advertising Guidelines
Thu, 17 Sep 2015
In order to simplify the digital video advertising buying and selling process The Interactive Advertising Bureau (IAB) New Zealand has developed these guidelines and best practices for the most common in-stream ad formats including:
- Linear video ads
- Non-linear video ads
- Companion ads
Always check with individual publishers as many offer formats outside of these Guidelines. A list of Publishers Technical Specifications is available on page 10 of the Guide.
These recommendations have been constructed for these ad formats in order to meet the following marketplace needs:
- More efficient operations through a common set of creative submission guidelines
- More efficient development of ads and players through minimum common creative guidelines, including click functionality and duration definitions
- Easier digital video ad buying across multiple sites through minimum common ad sizes for overlay and companion ads
- Better consumer understanding of ad interactions and environments through best practice recommendations for creative development and player environments.
There are three types of recommendations contained in this document for each ad format:
- Ad Format guidelines
- Common creative submission recommendations
- Additional best practices
Publishers will be able to self-attest to IABNZ by adhering to these Ad Format Guidelines. All other recommendations in this document should be considered best practices and should strongly be considered for adoption, but are not necessary for compliance.
It is also important to note that this document has certain scope boundaries:
- Although many of these formats can apply to full-screen and live experiences, this document does not specifically address those environments because of the high level of customisation between publishers.
- While this document’s purpose is to develop more standardisation in the most common areas of the digital video landscape, IABNZ continues to encourage creativity and innovation in video ad formats. As with all IABNZ guidelines, this document will be updated as the dynamic digital video advertising landscape progresses and new ad formats become more widely adopted.
>>Download IABNZ Online Video Guidelines (pdf format)